These are pictures from the 2011 Vaisakhi Nagar Kirtan that was held on Sunday April 17th. As part of the Nagar Kirtan the Guru Granth Sahib Ji was taken in a procession to each of the six Gurdwaras in Bradford.
For 2011, the Naga Kirtan took the following route:
- Gurdwara Amrit Parchar Dharmik Diwan
- Guru Ravidass Bhawan – Brearton Street (off Manningham Lane)
- Ramgarhia Sikh Gurdwara – Bolton Road
- Gurdwara Singh Sabha – Grant St (off Garnett St/Leeds Rd)
- Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara – Gobind Marg (off Leeds Road)
- Gurdwara Guru Nanak Dev Ji – Usher Street (off Wakefield Road)
- Return back to Gurdwara Amrit Parchar Dharmik Diwan
Click on any picture to see a larger version – this will also show all the pictures in a slideshow.
Start of the Nagar Kirtan at Gurdwara Amrit Parchar Dharmik Diwan and the walk to Guru Ravidass Bhawan.
Stop at Guru Ravidass Bhawan and the walk to Ramgarhia Sikh Gurdwara.
Stop at the Ramgarhia Sikh Gurdwara and the walk to Gurdwara Singh Sabha
Stop at the Gurdwara Singh Sabha and the short walk to Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara
Stop at the Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara and the walk to Gurdwara Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
Stop at Gurdwara Guru Nanak Dev Ji and the return walk back to Gurdwara Amrit Parchar Dharmik Diwan
Back at Gurdwara Amrit Parchar Dharmik Diwan